Devices and security systems
In accordance with the requirements of the Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), the full responsibility for the product conformity lies with the manufacturer. The same shall apply to products manufactured individually or for own use. The manufacturer's technical solutions are subject to mandatory conformity assessment with the essential health and safety requirements for the design and construction of equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ESHR) set out in Directive 2014/34/EU and in harmonised standards.
We provide support for producers and designers of products at every stage of product development, from design through certification to production of the final product. Our offer applies to all explosion-proof products:
- electrical equipment,
- non-electrical equipment,
- components (formerly parts and sub-assemblies),
- safety, control and regulation equipment,
- protective systems.
Preparation and carrying out of the process of device assessment in the scope of security measures selection, preparation of product documentation, carrying out of necessary analyses are one of the main streams of activity of the Institute of Technical Safety Ex Solution. In our offer we provide:
- detailed analysis of the documentation for completeness and compliance with the requirements of the Directive,
- consultations on the selection of appropriate explosion protection measures,
- Ignition Risk Assessment for non-electrical equipment,
- full development of explosion safety aspects (analysis of safety measures taken) for electrical equipment,
- carrying out the necessary examinations,
- intermediation in the process of product certification (ATEX),
- advising on the correctness of the EU declarations of conformity issued,
- advising in terms of the production quality assurance system, or a full assessment of the internal control system of the production process.