Explosion Risk Assesment
The employer must ensure that the working environment permits safe working despite the likelihood of explosive atmosphere occurence. Work safety can be ensured by continuous monitoring of the safety conditions of workers in accordance with the recommendations resulting from the risk assessment.
Explosion Risk Assessment shall be prepared in accordance with § 4 ust. 4 Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 8 July 2010 on minimum requirements for health and safety at work related to the possibility of an explosive atmosphere occurrence in the workplace (Journal of Laws of 2010 No. 138, item 931).
The Explosion Risk Assessment is a full analysis of the safety level of an installation/building, taking into account:
- substances and mixtures in the process,
- ongoing technological processes and their interaction,
- the probability and duration of the explosive atmospheres occurrence,
- the likelihood of efficient ignition sources being present
- and the magnitude of the anticipated consequences of the explosion.
The results of the assesment are the basis for the development of an explosion protection concept for the plant/facility.