- Gliwice, Silesian University of Technology; Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering; Field of study: Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering; Institute of Heat Engineering;
- Silesian University of Technology, Faculty of Organisation and Management, Postgraduate studies "Methods of Management in Modern Organisations", 2006;
Field of professional interest:
Since 2003 he has been exploring issues related to explosion safety. In his work he follows the principle: "Maximum simplicity of technical solutions". Even if he conducts complex studies of the physical processes taking place, it is in order to better understand the mechanisms involved and to apply the knowledge gained in practice. He is particularly interested in explaining the nuances of complex physical and chemical processes occurring "before", "during" and "after" an explosion and the implementation of safeguards based on this knowledge in practice.
Participation in research projects:
- till 2017 - specialist for certification according to the ATEX Directive of the Notified Body GIG KD "BARBARA"
- till 2017 - Head of Ex Certification Body IECEx with respect to certification of products in the above mentioned scheme
- till 2017 – Vice Manager of Department of Explosionproof Safety, GIG KD "BARBARA",
- Representative to the IEC TC 31J International Subcommittee on Standards:
- IEC 60079-10-1
- IEC 60079-10-2
- IEC 60079-14
- IEC 60079-19
- till 2016 - technical specialist of Explosion Protection and Explosion Prevention Systems and Equipment Laboratory - GIG KD "BARBARA".
- Lecturer of postgraduate studies "Technical safety in industry" and courses in explosion safety organized by GIG.
- Member of the KT64 Technical Committee for Electrical Equipment in Explosion Hazardous atmospheres of the Polish Committee for Standardization (PKN) - mirror of CLC/TC 31, Electrical apparatus for potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Member of Technical Committee KT269 for Chemical Safety of Polish Committee for Standardization
- Author of applications of numerical methods for explosion safety assessment of technological equipment and installations,
- Manager of innovative work in explosion safety:
- tests of upper explosion limit (UEL) and explosion parameters of C1, C2, C3 hydrocarbons under elevated thermal parameters,
- resistance of ship windows and doors to detonation wave pressure and deflagration,
- conducting research and evaluation of equipment, protective systems and industrial installations in the field of explosion safety,
Participation in research projects:
- (2012-2014) Strategic research project ‘Improvement of work safety in mines’ - Research Project No. 6 "Development of solutions along with measuring equipment to enable measurements and diagnosis of power cables and wires in excavations endangered by methane and/or coal dust explosion"
- (2012-2015) Strategic research project ‘Improvement of work safety in mines’ - Research project No. 7 "Development of a functional wireless rescue communication system with the possibility of use in excavations threatened with methane and/or coal dust explosion"
- (2012-2014) Strategic research project "Improvement of work safety in mines" - research project no. 8 "Development of a gasometrical system causing immediate switching off of energy supplying machines and equipment in case of a sudden outflow of methane from goafs into mine workings"
- (2014-2017) EXPRO „PREDICTION AND MITIGATION OF METHANE EXPLOSIONS EFFECTS FOR IMPROVED PROTECTION OF MINE INFRASTRUCTURE AND CRITICAL EQUIPMENT”; Participants: AITEMIN - Spain, GIG, INERIS - France, EMAG, FSB - Spain, PGG - Poland, DTE - Ukraine . Task manager ‘Development of numerical models’.